Summarized application release notes
This month features a major update to the CMS, enabling a variety of new functionality.
2.6.0 (Latest) June 11, 2020
- Document Viewer: Users can now upload and share Documents during Remote Assistance calls.
- Guest Invite with a web-based PIN (preview): Remote Assistance Users can now invite Guest users with a PIN created in the app.
- Guest User Settings: Increased flexibility and privacy settings can now be configured by company administrators.
Few in number, big in punch this month as the Scope AR application team embraces its second complete month in WFH. We’ve added great stuff this month, especially the new callouts in our professional AR authoring tool (Create) and smooth user experience.
May 27, 2020 – Call recording can now be disabled by company administrators, giving greater privacy and compliance control.
May 14, 2020 - Minor bug fixes and stability improvements.
May 1, 2020 – Work Instructions – Introducing Callouts in WorkLink Create Remote Assistance – Session Resuming functionality in Multiuser Mode Signing in flow improvements for non-SSO users. Other bug fixes and stability improvements.
Few in number, big in punch this month as the Scope AR application team embraces its first complete month in WFH.
Apr 23, 2020 - WorkLink Work Instructions session resuming functionality, including pausing and continuing a session across devices. Work instructions – fixed a bug in Cached Projects functionality. Remote Assistance – now supported over networks with HTTP(web) proxy. Remote Assistance – Audio improvements and improved connection performance. Other bug fixes and stability improvements
Apr 17, 2020 – Bug fixes and improvements.
Apr 10, 2020 – WorkLink Work Instructions session resuming functionality, including pausing and continuing a session across devices. Audio improvements for Remote Assistance users. Bug fixes and improvements.
With COVID-19 in place and the team moving to WFH, we made some serious infrastructure upgrades to handle the surge in remote assistance calling. For more information about our COVID-19 effort and how our WorkLink product support the new working paradigm, check out our blog here.
Mar 11, 2020 – Significant updates to remote assistance calling and overall performance fixes.
This month we focused on stability and performance improvements.
Feb 11, 2020 – Bug fixes and performance improvements.
New this month is an upgrade to our Guest Invite process. We also added Demo Projects, a
Jan 28, 2020 - Pull to refresh and stability improvements for contact list and project list Bug fixes and other improvements
Jan 6, 2020 – New improved user interface for Guest invite for easy formatting of phone numbers and email. Introducing Demo Projects – ability to access demo projects to experience work instructions in augmented reality. Bug fixes and performance improvements
2019 and older
It was an incredible (banner) year for Scope AR and the product team. Check out our dedicated annual wrap-up blog describing our milestones, and more importantly, our customers’.
• 2.3.0 – Dec 23, 2019 – New improved user interface for Guest invite for easy formatting of phone numbers and email. Introducing Demo Projects – ability to access demo projects to experience work instructions in augmented reality. Bug fixes and performance improvements This release is a mandatory update and you are required to update the app before you can use it.
• 2.2.16 – Nov 27, 2019 – The new Guest invite system – Guests can now log in and connect with the Expert with one-click link. Improvements to Offline Mode (using the app in a local environment without internet) Bug fixes and performance improvements
• 2.2.14 – Nov 8, 2019 – Bug fixes and performance upgrades.
• 2.2.12 – Oct 31, 2019 – Bug fixes and stability improvements.
• 2.2.8 – Oct 1, 2019 – Fixed reported issues with performance and stability.
• 2.2.6 – Aug 1, 2019 – Several fixes for crash bugs and user experience around calls and content.
• 2.2.2 – Jul 2, 2019 – Bug fixes and improvements.
• 2.2.0 – May 24, 2019 - Launching our updated mobile app, WorkLink: enabling users on ARKit devices to open scenarios and content in the same app used for remote assistance calls (Available in interactive mode on non-ARKit devices) - Introducing Session Recording: this feature enables the capture of important knowledge delivered during live support video calls for retention, future sharing and new insight into additional training needs and how processes can be improved. Either the technician or remote expert can record a live session so real-time knowledge becomes a reusable asset that can be accessed by others in the future (When calling platform is either ARKit or ARCore device) - Multiple improvements to video call quality and latency. - Additional bug fixes.
• 2.1.0 - Apr 9, 2019 – Keychain support for login credentials - Improved AR tracking on older devices (Non-ARKit devices) - Additional bug fixes and improvements
• 2.0.6 – Mar 5, 2019 - Keychain support for login credentials - Improved AR tracking on older devices (Non-ARKit devices) - Bug fixes and improvements
• 2.0.3 - Dec 29, 2018 – This release marks the unveiling of our reimagined Remote AR experience. We have overhauled the product’s entire interface, significantly improving overall usability. This new version also includes many behind-the-scenes updates, creating a foundation for all of the exciting features we have planned for 2019! Update highlights: - New contact list functionality that eliminates the need to find the right device to call. Simply select your contact, and we’ll handle the rest for you. - Precision Mode (formerly known as our Freeze feature) enables you to pause the video momentarily for precise annotation creation. - Tapping the “Add View” button will save your current workspace with annotations intact. Saved Views no longer appear on top of your video feed. Instead, Saved Views are accessible in our new Screen Switcher. To access and edit them, tap the Screen Switcher icon. - A new app tour will guide you through our new UI upon the first launch. We are excited to introduce this new experience to you and as always, welcome your questions and feedback at email@example.com
• 1.15.26 – Oct 16, 2018 – This release includes:
- A new setting is available to the user on the receiving end of a Remote AR call. This control enables the user to turn off our dynamic autoscaling by selecting one of three possible preset bitrates and video resolutions. This new toggle can be found by clicking on the gear icon in the top menu bar. Please note that autoscaling is still the preferred setting to achieve the optimal call quality.
- Significant optimizations to dynamic autoscaling of bandwidth utilization and optimal video resolution, over a variety of network conditions .
- Improvements with how on audio and video traverse a variety of networks conditions.
• 1.15.22 – Sep 27, 2018 Bug fixes and improvements.
• 1.15.6 – May 14, 2018 Bug fixes and improvements.
• 1.15.2 – May 10, 2018 Bug fixes and improvements.
• 1.14.0 – Apr 3, 2018 Bug fixes and improvements.